Yum, right? But let’s not get ahead of ourselves (just yet). So air fryer pizza rolls are a quick and easy snack that can be made in just a few minutes. They’re perfect for a quick lunch or a tasty snack on the go. Also, they should be quite filling because they’ve got all of the macronutrients: protein, carbs, and fat. Just don’t have them for breakfast, LOL.
Anyways, let’s check out a step-by-step guide on how to cook pizza rolls in an air fryer.
How to Make Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- 1 package of frozen pizza rolls (any flavor). The higher quality, the better the end product.
- Non-stick cooking spray.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200-204°C).
- Open the package of frozen pizza rolls and lay them in a single layer on the air fryer basket.
- Spray the tops of the rolls with non-stick cooking spray. This will help them become crispy on the outside. For better taste, use olive oil cooking spray.
- Place the basket in the fryer and cook for 6-8 minutes, or until the pizza rolls are hot and crispy.
- Take out the basket from the air fryer and let the rolls cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve the rolls with your favorite dipping sauce, such as marinara or ranch dressing. Get creative!
- If you want to add some extra flavor, try sprinkling them with some Italian seasoning or Parmesan cheese before cooking. This is also an area where you can experiment with different seasonings or cheeses or cheese blends. A Parmesan and Romano blend should work well.
- If you’re making a big amount, you may need to cook them in batches.
- Safely give the basket a good shake halfway through the cooking time to ensure that the pizza rolls cook evenly. You can also try flipping them.
- To make homemade pizza rolls, you can use store-bought pizza dough and your favorite fillings. Simply roll the dough into a long, thin rectangle, add your fillings, and roll it up tightly. Cut the roll into individual slices and cook in the air fryer per the instructions above.
Here’s a (partial) sample set of nutrition facts, from nutritionix. The serving size is 6 rolls (85 grams).
- Calories: 210
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Sodium: 340 mg
- Total Carbs: 30g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 2g
- Added Sugars: 0g
- Protein: 5g
Air Fryer Pizza Rolls Video Recipes
Let’s check out an alternate recipe on YouTube, to make things even easier:
And here’s a slightly different one, for homemade pizza roll-ups:
Summing It Up
I love my air fryer! Anyways, these little bits of deliciousness are a scrumptious and convenient snack that is sure to be a hit with the whole family. Give these recipes a try and enjoy the crispy, hot goodness of pizza rolls in just a few quick minutes.
Leave a Reply